All about Gout
Gout is a painful form of arthritis caused by uric acid buildup in the blood. Gout is a metabolic condition that results from excess uric acid in your blood. This causes inflammation, pain, swelling and burning sensations. Gout usually affects the joints and is most common in the feet or knees. Gout attacks can be treated with prompt medical attention. Natural remedies can also be used to reduce the pain.
Excess of uric acid is the result of the breakdown of substances called purines. They are found in all tissues of the body and in foods like red meat, liver and dried beans.
Uric acid is eliminated through urine when a person is in good health. It crystallizes when the kidneys are unable to eliminate it effectively, and it builds up in the joints, forming what we call gout.
This chronic disease affects many joints and reduces quality of life for those who are affected. Patients are always looking for a treatment that reduces pain and inflammation.
You can read this article to better know how to cure Gout: How To Naturally Heal Gout?
The toe joint is often the first sign of the disease. The toe can feel dry, swollen, reddened, or warm. However, inflammation and pain gradually worsens, eventually spreading to other areas like:
- The arch of your foot.
- The ankles.
- The heels.
- The knees.
- The wrists.
Gout attacks usually improve over time or are not noticed by patients at first. Gout attacks become more severe and can last for a longer time, making it necessary to seek treatment.
Gout is more common in those who:
- Is male.
- Gout is a family tradition.
- He is overweight or obese.
- Consume alcohol.
- Many foods are rich in purines.
- Lead is found in the environment.
- Have had an organ transplant
- You can take diuretics, cyclosporine or levodopa.
- Vitamin niacin is taken.
Gout is often difficult to diagnose because the symptoms can look similar to other health conditions. The doctor will collect fluid from the affected joints in order to confirm the diagnosis.
The pain will usually disappear on its own after a few days. These are some ways to decrease it.
Keep the joint elevated. It will feel less painful if you don’t move it.
To reduce swelling, apply cold for 20 minutes three to four times per day.
Horsetail is a draining infusion. It aids in eliminating excess uric acid from the urine.
Citrus fruits can be used to encourage drainage. Pineapple, which has an anti-inflammatory effect, is recommended along with bananas and apples.
Massages using essential oils like lavender can soothe.
For its alkalizing effects, sodium bicarbonate is a great aid. Drink one spoonful of sodium bicarbonate per day, even if you are in pain.
==> Gout Home Remedies: all about it here!
Is a Gout Attack ever Serious?
Gout can cause damage to important organs like the heart and kidneys. Gout can be as damaging to the heart and kidneys as diabetes.
Gout can cause the same damage to the heart as diabetes.
High blood levels of uric acids increase the risk for premature atherosclerosis. This can lead to cardiovascular disease (from heart attack to stroke) and increased risk.
Gout can be managed with good lifestyle habits and medical treatment. We insist that you do this because the risk to your heart is the same as that of someone who is diabetic.
How to prevent Gout Attacks?
Gout can be caused by excess uric acid in the blood. You can manage it by eating a healthy diet.
These tips will help you avoid annoying gout attacks.
Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables, except tomatoes. Cherry consumption can reduce your risk of developing gout.
Reduce fats in meats, sausages, and cured cheeses.
Red meats such as lamb, beef, liver, and pork should be avoided. They are also harmful to the health of fish and seafood.
These 8 foods should not be abused if you have high levels of uric acid
You should also limit your consumption of legumes and other leafy greens like spinach, asparagus, broccoli, and cauliflower.
Watch your alcohol intake (beer included) as it can lead to gout. Excessive coffee and sugary soft drinks are not recommended.
==> Gout Diet: all about it here!
Take 5 meals per day, and don’t let 3 hours go by without eating.
Take care when you eat dinner. Attacks are more common at night.
Don’t forget two liters water per day.
Stress and extra kilos increase your risk. These two factors should be avoided.
Vitamin B3 supplements can worsen gout. Vitamin C supplements might reduce it. These products should only be used under medical supervision.
How to relieve Gout pain at home?
Gout patients need to eat a low-uric acid diet and take home remedies. This is important in order to avoid the condition from getting worse and causing great pain.
==> Gout Natural Remedies: find it here!
Follow these steps:
- Baking soda is a great home remedy for gout attacks where the pain in the affected joints is intense. This product aids in the dissolution of uric acids crystals, fluid retention, and helps to reduce the symptoms of gout. Mix half a teaspoon baking soda with a glass water. Then, drink the mixture before you go to bed. It will be easy to see how gout symptoms disappear.
- Gout pain can be relieved by applying cold to the affected area. This will help reduce swelling and inflammation. For approximately 15 minutes, apply an ice compress or a cold pack directly to the affected joint.
- Horsetail, a medicinal plant, is well-known for its natural depurative properties. It is also a natural treatment for gout, arthritis, rheumatism and other conditions. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to relieve pain and eliminate excess uric acids through the urine. Make an infusion by adding a few dried horsetail leaves to water. Bring it to a boil, then turn off the heat. Once it cools down, you can pour yourself a cup and begin to notice the effects.
- Celery extract has been shown to be an effective natural ingredient for relieving pain from gout and other rheumatic diseases like rheumatism. Celery seeds are known to have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and reduce blood uric acid. This home remedy can be found in herbalist shops. Simply boil celery seeds in water until softened, then strain the mixture into a cup. Read more info here: Can Celery Cure Gout?
- Gout pain can also be treated externally by using lavender oil to massage the affected area. Its relaxing and diuretic properties make it ideal for relieving gout symptoms and other ailments that are very severe. It can also be used to reduce muscle tension.
- Cherry juice is a popular alternative to gout attacks and reducing uric acid. We recommend that you read the article to learn more about what you can eat: Are There Potent Herbal Cures For Gout?
We recommend you to visit the new 24Go plateform to find more information about Home Remedies to relieve gout pain: Protin Home Pravna sredstva