Lose weight after the holiday trance – Helpful tips for snacks and portion control.
Losing weight is hard work. You wake up at the crack of dawn. You grease up your pants and put on your trainers.
You make good choices, but there’s no time for a social predator!
How do you deal with all these temptations?
Check here the die 10 besten Diäten.
- Snacking is a big problem, especially when the holiday trance kicks in. Snacks are one of the easiest ways to sneak in extra calories. Snacks are also some of the most satisfying foods to eat when hunger sets in.
- After a snack or meal, there are two things you want to avoid:
- Some snacks are much worse than others. For example, hor sleeve sandwiches don’t count.
- It’s a bad wrap or a great wrap. If it helps, choose a wrap with the least amount of mayonnaise. Your waistline will thank you.
- Pret Save lightly. “One spoon no condiment bar.”
- Pret Save light butter. Use a tub of fat-free plain yogurt.
- Remove the skin from pretzels.
- Replace each pre-party snack with a 100-calorie snack bag.
- Choose smaller portions. It will be hard to resist ordering these things.
- Be a social companion. Say “No, thank you.” It will cut your order.
- Use plastic sandwich bags (Ziploc bags) so you can reduce portion sizes.
- Try to get people to eat with you. Yes the host/hostess, but also hide a bit at the parties. This will make you eat slower.
- Be the last to order. I know you prefer to arrive late. But you’re not alone. Everyone likes to hit happy hour.
- Whenever possible, drink a full glass of water. (One glass of water is equal to half your body weight in ounces).
- Watch out for others when ordering a full meal.
- Do not combine full dinners with alcohol. (You will gain weight).
- Avoid soda
- If you order fast food, have a small amount of burgers and side salad. But stop eating when you are full!
- Stay hidden or teach yourself to use a smaller plate.
- Cook at home. Add lots of vegetables and low-fat cheese or yoghurt to fill your sandwich.
- Order your extra salad. If you don’t have it on your plate, eat at the salad bar. This can be difficult if you are visiting your mother.
- Eat only one portion. Take the rest home with you!
- You can order pizza, but don’t eat a big one. A lot of pizza has a lot of calories.
- Avoid bread before the meal. Or ask for less cheese.
- It’s a good idea to use salad dressing sparingly.
- Keep an eye on your portion sizes. Once you are full, stop eating. Eat slowly and enjoy the food.
- Get the starter version of the meal.
- The more you eat, the more you can eat!
- Attention. You can cheat here. Eat slowly and take your time to taste and enjoy the food.
- When you feel full from a good meal, stop eating. But don’t use that as an excuse to stop. It is difficult to stop when you are full.
- Another good practice is to use a napkin or napkin paper to portion your food. This will help you to enjoy your food more comfortably. You should not add extra portions to your plate.
- Fat-free is not always the best choice. If you are trying to lose or maintain your weight, use fat-free creams and foods. To lose weight, consider nutritionally sound weight loss plans.
You don’t have to stop eating the things you like. But you may want to limit the amount you eat. If you reduce the frequency with which you drink soda, you will reduce your calorie intake. Try drinking diet or light. The extra effort you put into this step is the most important. It forces you to be conscious of how it tastes. If you like the taste of healthier foods, it will be difficult not to resist the temptation.
Wholemeal or multigrain bread is a very healthy choice. Avoid white bread if you get a chance. Your body needs some of it, but none of it is necessary. The same goes for pasta, white rice and white potatoes. You can try to eat all natural or 100% whole grain products. These tend to be tastier too.
And!! Avoid deadly trans fats!